Free Subscription

Get the news that matters from one of the leading news sites in Kenya.

Baby Dies After Teen Mom Put Fentanyl In Bottle

Post by : Hillary Musyoki

In Florida, a 9-month old baby died after his teenage mother allegedly put fentanyl in his bottle before putting him for a nap, Nassau County Sherriff Bill Leeper said.

Deputies were called to home in the Callahan area about a aby who was not breathing and had no pulse, the Sherriff said at a news conference Wednesday. Deputies tried to revive the baby until firefighters took him to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.

“Originally , the mother said she didn’t know what happened. She put the baby to sleep and just couldn’t wake him up.” Leeper said.

The 17, year old mother, repeatedly changed her stories but ultimately confessed, she had been tired and wanted to take a nap, filled the baby’s bottle , and put some of “what she thought was cocaine ,”in the bottle , the sheriff said.

However the substance was fentanyl, an opioid, according to the Sherriff.

The doctor revealed that the child had 10 times a fatal dose in his bloodstream and determined the cause of death was fentanyl overdose.

The Sheriff said the child’s death was caused by thee mothers culpable negligence and “utter disregard” for his safety.

The mother was charged with aggravated manslaughter and possession of a controlled substance.

Also Read: Finance Bill 2023 Signed Into Law


Latest Posts